Rankings and Recognition
A University of Distinction
Excellence and achievement abound at The University of Texas at Arlington. Our highly ranked academic programs attract the best and brightest scholars from around the world, and our faculty and students consistently receive national and international recognition for their accomplishments. The breadth and depth of these accolades accentuate UTA’s status as a pre-eminent place for intellectual pursuits and a driver of positive change.
College of Architecture, Planning and Public Affairs
- On its 2018 "Most Hired" list, Design Intelligence ranked UTA No. 2 in Texas and No. 12 in the U.S. among landscape architecture schools that produce less than 20 graduates. It also ranked the University No. 2 in Texas and No. 16 in the U.S. among architecture schools that produce between 70-99 graduates.
- U.S. News & World Report ranks CAPPA’s public affairs graduate program No. 123 in its 2020 “Best Graduate Schools” list.
- UTA was ranked No. 13 on OnlineU’s 2019 list of the Most Affordable Online Colleges for MPA Programs.
- The Master of Public Administration was ranked 15th in ValueColleges.com’s 2019 list of the best value MPA programs.
College of Business
College of Education
- The Online Master's program in Curriculum and Instruction was ranked No. 1 in the nation by College Choice.
- U.S. News & World Report ranks the College of Education No. 118 in its 2020 “Best Graduate Schools” list.
- The College of Education’s online graduate education program ranked No. 46 nationally in U.S. News & World Report's 2019 rankings.
- The College of Education was ranked No. 4 on CollegeChoice’s list of the 50 Best Online Master’s in Education Degrees for 2017.
- The Center for Online Education ranked UTA No. 6 on its 2018 list of the Best Online Master’s in Educational Leadership Degree Programs.
- UTA was ranked No. 5 on College Choice’s “Best Elementary Education Degrees” for 2018.
College of Engineering
- U.S. News & World Report’s 2020 “Best Graduate Schools” list ranks the College of Engineering No. 82 in the nation. The graduate program in aerospace/aeronautical/astronautical engineering is ranked No. 45, biomedical engineering/bioengineering No. 93, civil engineering No. 89, computer engineering No. 73, electrical/electronic/communications engineering No. 82, industrial/manufacturing/systems engineering No. 60, mechanical engineering No. 94, and materials engineering No. 78 in the nation.
- The SR Education group ranked UTA No. 9 on its list of "Best Online Colleges Offering a Master's in Civil Engineering" for 2019.
- OnlineMasters.com ranked UTA No. 28 on its list of the Best Online Master in Electrical Engineering Programs for 2019. It was one of only two Texas universities in the top 40. The site also ranked UTA's Online Master in Industrial Engineering No. 25, the highest of any North Texas university.
College of Liberal Arts
- U.S. News & World Report’s 2018 “Best Graduate Schools” list ranks the English graduate program No. 116 in the nation. The fine arts graduate program is No. 131, and history is No. 132.
College of Nursing and Health Innovation
- U.S. News & World Report’s 2020 “Best Graduate Schools” list ranks the College of Nursing and Health Innovation’s master's program No. 56 in the nation and its doctor of nursing practice program No. 84.
- The College of Nursing and Health Innovation is ranked No. 3 in the nation for veteran friendliness by College Factual. The 2019 rankings look for colleges that produce quality outcomes in nursing and offer support and resources to help veterans and active-duty military students thrive.
- U.S. News & World Report ranked UTA No. 75 among 170 online graduate nursing programs across the country in its 2019 list.
- The College of Nursing and Health Innovation is No. 1 in Texas and No. 10 in the country for non-traditional students, according to College Factual's 2019 rankings.
- UTA’s Online Master of Nursing program was ranked No. 25 on Graduate Program.com’s "2017 Top Graduate Schools” list.
- The College of Nursing and Health Innovation was designated a 2015 Center of Excellence by the National League for Nursing, making it one of only two universities in Texas to ever receive the honor.
- The College of Nursing and Health Innovation was ranked No. 7 on the Top 20 Online Nursing Degree Programs list by OnlineSchoolsCenter.com.
- The online Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree is ranked No. 6 on ValueColleges.com's Top 50 Best Value Online RN to BSN list.
College of Science
- U.S. News & World Report’s 2019 “Best Graduate Schools” list ranks the College of Science’s graduate program in biological sciences No. 190, chemistry No. 145, mathematics No. 136, physics No. 119, and earth science No. 111 in the nation.
School of Social Work
- U.S. News & World Report ranked the graduate social work program No. 51 in the nation on its 2020 “Best Graduate Schools” list.
- The MSW program offers the best value in Texas according to of the Most Affordable CSWE-Accredited Master’s in Social Work Programs for 2019-20.
- BestMSWPrograms.com ranked UTA's Online Master of Social Work degree No. 1 in the country for 2018.
- The School of Social Work was ranked the No. 28 best Online Master of Social Work degree program in the nation for 2018 by SocialWorkGuide.org.
- Best College Reviews ranked UTA No. 2 on its list of the Best Master’s in Social Work Online for 2019.
- The SR Education Group ranked UTA No. 2 for its Master’s in Social Work program and No. 11 for its Online Master’s in Social Work program in the 2018 rankings.
- The School of Social Work is ranked No. 1 in Texas and No. 3 in the nation for veteran friendliness by College Factual. The rankings look for schools and colleges the produce quality outcomes in social work and offer support and resources to help veterans and active-duty military students thrive.
- UTA is ranked the No. 22 Most Affordable MSW Program by socialworkdegreeguide.com for 2018.
- Best Colleges ranked the UTA School of Social Work No. 10 on its Top 30 Most Affordable Master’s in Social Work Online Programs 2018 list.
- College Choice ranked UTA No. 29 on its list of MSW programs in 2018.